Total Pageviews

The rantings and ramblings of Kimberly Allison

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And in the beginning.... she started to blog.

It's difficult to say what compels us to bare our souls. What face we show to our friends, family, even a total stranger. I share my soul through my art. But, after much coaxing by my friends, I have decided to also start to share my life through the written words of a blog.

I am sure that someone is reading right now thinking "What the hell?!? What does moonlight have to do with hysteria?" But to me, it is a simple play on words, nodding to the craziness of my business, Lume di Luna Designs. In ancient times, the moon was thought to be responsible for madness. It is no coincidence that the term "lunatic" has the word "luna" in it. It was thought that the moon's touch brought insanity. It is also no coincidence that while I frantically spend my day running between sewing room to kiln, pausing to pick up my sons from school, then run back to my washing machine, trying to remember which number I am on in my wool scouring process, that I jokingly call my business "Lume di Lunatic".

So... sit back, have a cup of tea and join me in admiring the moon and the hysteria.

1 comment:

  1. I know you are an amazing writer (among your myriad artistic/creative talents), you will have too much fun with this!

    I will look forward to your new posts!

    Hugs, Jackie Oh!

    ReplyDelete